A recent survey of 3,000 families was conducted to find out which festive destinations families would most like to visit this Christmas season. Our historic, festive town made the top 50.
If you’re looking for a great destination this Christmas for the whole family, head north of Dallas and Fort Worth. With a population of just over 50,000, Grapevine, Texas magically transforms into a captivating winter wonderland during the holiday season. Every corner of the town is adorned with an enchanting array of millions of twinkling lights and extravagant decorations.
Get ready to step into a winter wonderland as you explore the streets of Historic Downtown Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas®. If you’re looking to make memorable moments this holiday season with your family, a loved one, or simply enjoy a one-of-a-kind Christmas getaway, Grapevine has got you covered! Immerse yourself in the charm of this special, nostalgic experience with top Christmas activities.
Christmas in Grapevine: Our Favorite Things to Do
Christmas in Grapevine is about a lot more than food and retail. Our town goes all out for Christmas! There are more than 1,400 Christmas events happening here, including the North Pole Express, which we just had an Instagram giveaway for 2 free tickets to the sold-out event on Friday, December 8th.🎄
- Feel the magic of Christmas onboard the North Pole Express! A festive journey featuring traditional Christmas sing-alongs, Christmas characters and photos and interaction with Santa!
- It’s always a delightful tradition to drop by the renovated Palace Theater for a classic holiday movie.
- The annual Carol of Lights celebration, where there is a Christmas tree lighting off Grapevine’s historic Main Street.
- The Gaylord Texan Resort has stunning decorations during the Christmas season. They have a spectacular ice exhibit, aptly named ICE! The themed exhibit features two million pounds of hand-carved ice sculptures.
- If you happen to visit on the first Thursday of December, you can catch the Parade of Lights on Main Street. One of the largest lighted Christmas parades in North Texas.
- And let’s not forget about Grapevine’s awesome wineries. They serve up warm, spiced wines with a delightful Texas twist, adding some extra festive cheer to the holiday season.
Visit Grapevine: Voted One of America’s Favorite ‘Christmassy’ Towns
I hope this brought a little holiday spirit to your Christmas season. Come and experience the magic of the Christmas Capital of Texas, the ultimate destination for your family’s Christmas vacation. We guarantee you the best festive experience that will create lasting memories.